Bayonets & Barrels

- wargaming, rolled neat-

Thursday, 24 September 2026

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

If one is going to "play" in the environs of the Far East and the Pacific then a certain amount of jungle terrain is expected. Palm trees of varying heights peaking through and around my existing woodland bases should give the "effect" that closely mirrors what I have seen looking out windows while living in Singapore and likewise reflect what I can see now when I look from my balcony in India. Throw in a few broken temple pieces courtesy of a broken bargain store statue and I think the overall effect works.




The palm trees were a bulk purchase from China (via Alibaba) and the other foliage was a combination of typical aquarium offerings sprayed with different hues and shades of green. The bases themselves are 4mm laser-cut ply, that I did a while ago when the place I worked gave me access to some wonderful tools, the usual basing sand, a liberal spray of a typical brown for uniformity, with a light dry brush. This was followed by my regular anti-static grass, and then some clumps of green-tea leaves glued over hacked off pieces of a rubberised front door mat, to break up the base and give it some contour and shape.

Next goal for Far East/Pacific terrain will be some Japanese Bunkers, made in a "tween" scale (for both 20mm and 28mm), though erring on the larger side. I have the idea of doing a "false floor" that can be used to raise up the smaller figures, and sill make the terrain feature look "kinda right".

2 comments: