![]() |
| A Najewitz original resin, scratch "ruined" by moi. (2025) |
28mm: Foot: 5pts, Mounted/Artillery/Crew Wpn: 10 pts, Vehicle: 20pts.
20mm: Foot: 4pts, Mounted/Crew Wpn: 8pts, Vehicle: 15pts.
15mm: Foot: 2 pts, Mounted/Artillery: 4pts.
Terrain: per 6"cube: 20 pts.
And while it's not something I could ever see myself doing, since I think I would find it adds "pressure" to the part of the hobby I already struggle with. Yet at the same time, I do like the concept as a measure of progress, especially since I "butterfly" between projects while trying to keep my procrastination and distraction at bay.
So while simply counting off the number of figures is one way to achieve a similar goal, I do like that this "scoring" offers a certain equity between scales. So if last year (2025-2026) was a gauge I probably scored approximately 200 points between foot figures, vehicles and terrain, and this could offer a benchmark with which to assess my progress over the next 12 months.
But knowing myself, I have to wonder is this a tool of measured accountability or merely another thing that is great in concept but that I will find lacking and unsupportive in practice? I guess there is only one way to find out?
So the four pronged attack that forms my cunning hobby plan for 2026-2027,
Rebasing - Three of my 20mm WWII armies: the IJA, Australians and Fallschirmjäger (Crete).
New Project - 28mm Bolt Action IJA.
A Diversion - Painting more 15mm ACW, mainly CSA to "bulk out" my army and bring some force balance.
Terrain - Too many options, but always a pleasant side project when I get tired of painting delicate work and just want to "slop" paint around and still make some gains.
There is enough variety here in terms of size, scope and type to keep me from getting "bored" and offer plenty of scope for supporting a year of steady progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment